Sexual potency is commonly referred to as the ability of a living organism to have sexual intercourse. Usually, the term is used to characterize a man's sexual abilities like strength and speed of erection, duration of sexual intercourse. When it comes to women, the term "libido" is more often used, that is, sexual attraction to a person of the opposite sex. There are a wide variety of factors on which potency and the ability to achieve sexual satisfaction depend.
What affects potency in men
Having intimate relationships with the opposite sex is a necessary part of a man's life. Problems in this area can disturb for a long time and cause significant psychological discomfort.
The ability of a man of any age to have healthy sex, in addition to genetic predisposition, is influenced by a large number of other factors related to lifestyle, nutrition and disease. Knowing them, you can assess the risk of erectile dysfunction and prevent its occurrence by adjusting your behavior.
Factors positively affecting potency
The improvement of male sexual function is facilitated by a number of factors that affect the body and psyche of the stronger sex:
- Nutrition. It is necessary to include foods rich in animal and vegetable protein in the daily menu. These are cheese, cottage cheese, meat, eggs, nuts, almonds, unsalted pistachios, sesame seeds, pumpkins, sunflowers. The use of bee products, especially honey and pollen, has a good effect on male potency. Seafood is also among the products that help maintain male strength at a high level. The five most useful are oysters, oily sea fish, anchovies, crabs and prawns. Their rich composition affects the work of all organs and systems of the body, returning them to normal. Deficiency of important trace elements can be eliminated by taking vitamin-mineral complexes. Beforehand, a laboratory study should be carried out to identify such a shortage;
- Physical activity. Physical exercise helps build endurance, strengthen the body, ultimately increasing male abilities. Suitable activities for this purpose are swimming, running, skiing, tennis. Long-distance running is particularly beneficial for improving blood circulation. At the initial stages, it is recommended to organize small series. Over time, the distance increases. As the load increases, testosterone production increases, the cardiovascular system strengthens, and male strength increases. If it is not possible to play sports, you can perform a set of physical exercises aimed at improving blood circulation in the pelvic and genital area.
- Compliance with the regimeday with a full night's sleep;
- The right response to stressand overcome them with the help of meditation, self-training, yoga classes. You can get rid of accumulated fatigue with the help of massage and listening to pleasant music. Scientists have long proven the influence of music on the vital activity of the organism. To harmonize the work of the sexual sphere, it is considered favorable to listen to melodies performed on the saxophone. There is an opinion that they can act as an audio exciter.
- Get rid of chronic diseases, leading to changes in the hormonal background and worsening of blood circulation. First of all, it is necessary to monitor the condition of the heart and blood vessels, prostate gland, sugar levels, and also not to allow hemorrhoids to grow.
Important! Regular consumption of seafood is a good insurance for a man against potency problems.
Among the alternative methods for restoring male potency, there is a meditation program for a specially selected range of sounds. If you listen to audio recordings daily for a month and a half, you can influence the subconscious. As a result, the nervous system normalizes, a feeling of satisfaction is achieved, resistance to external factors appears, which ultimately leads to an increase in male strength;
Factors that negatively affect potency
According to the observations of doctors, the problem of erectile dysfunction, like many other diseases, has noticeably "younger". The main factors provoking a decrease in potency are those associated with the lifestyle of a modern man:
- chronic stress- a formidable factor that hinders the most ambitious people. The need to work hard, often without rest days and vacations, conflicts, lack of sleep gradually exhaust the body, leading to diseases, including weakening of sexual abilities. Living in highly polluted megacities, traffic jams also contribute to the deterioration of well-being;
- Bad habits. Drinking alcohol only in small doses (no more than a glass of wine, for example) can have a beneficial effect on sexual desire. Excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages leads to accumulation of ethanol in the liver and brain, counteracts the production of testosterone, which ultimately leads to lack of erection. The negative effect of smoking is reflected in the destructive effect of nicotine on blood vessels. As the smoking experience increases, there is a gradual narrowing of the blood vessels. As a result, filling the cavernous bodies of the penis with blood becomes more difficult, and an erection is not achieved. Narcotic substances tend to greatly influence sexual desire. Regular use of drugs leads to damage to the nervous system, changes in the sex glands, complete impotence. In addition, the lifestyle of a drug addict contributes to promiscuity with a high risk of contracting infectious diseases, leading to sad consequences, even death;
- Lack of physical activity. Sedentary work in the office, moving in the car, relaxing on the couch in front of the TV leads to a decrease in the tone of blood vessels, a weakening of the heart muscle and other muscles of the body. Deterioration of blood circulation in the pelvic region leads to erectile dysfunction over time;
- unhealthy foodswith excessive consumption of fatty foods of animal origin contributes to the development of atherosclerosis. It becomes more difficult for the vessels to fill the penis with blood, an erection becomes impossible. Excessive consumption of sweet foods affects the hormonal background and can disrupt erectile function.
Among the diseases there are those that have a significant impact on potency and require close medical attention:
- Cardiovascular illnesses. Since the onset of an erection is directly related to blood circulation in the genital area, the slow work of the heart muscle and the poor condition of the vessels can become an obstacle to a healthy sex life.
- Hormonal disorders, including diabetes mellitus, resulting in impaired permeability of the blood vessels supplying the genitals, damage to the nerves responsible for erection and decreased hormone production;
- Obesity. With each additional kilogram, the amount of testosterone produced in the male body decreases and the amount of estrogen increases. A man's body gradually develops according to the female type: the chest increases, the timbre of the voice may change. Over time, excess weight becomes the cause of cardiovascular diseases, diseases of the musculoskeletal system, infertility due to a violation of the quality of seminal fluid;
- Oncological diseasesif they have damaged the nerves and blood vessels responsible for causing an erection;
- Spine injurywith spinal cord injury, multiple sclerosis, prostatitis.
The effect of testosterone on potency
Testosterone is the recognized leader among the hormones produced in the male body. Secreted by the male gonads and the adrenal cortex, it is responsible for the development of male secondary sex characteristics, metabolism, fitness, sexual strength and mood. Scientists have found that the level of sexual activity directly depends on the level of the hormone in the blood. Its decrease causes difficulties in men with potency, ejaculation and procreation.
Meanwhile, high levels of testosterone also have a negative impact on the body. In medical practice, a relationship has been established between the occurrence of malignant brain tumors and increased testosterone.
Changes in hormone levels are associated with lifestyle, in frequency with:
- Nutrition, leading, for example, to obesity;
- Consuming alcohol and drugs;
- To take pills;
- The age changes.
In the absence of serious health issues, normal levels of testosterone in the male body can be maintained through proper nutrition and exercise. In the menu of the day, alternating during the week, must be present:
- Seafood containing zinc, selenium and essential fatty acids necessary for humans - shrimp, salmon, mackerel, squid, crustaceans;
- Lean red meat. To increase testosterone levels, it is more effective to use it in combination with traditional seasonings, such as horseradish, garlic, red pepper;
- Dairy products (especially cheese, cottage cheese);
- Root vegetables, especially celery and ginger.
A prerequisite is also sufficient night sleep, daily walks in the fresh air during the day, physical activity.
Factors affecting female potency
Healthy sexual activity in a woman allows her to be realized in two directions:
- bear and give birth to a child;
- Obtaining pleasure from a partner, which contributes to maintaining good health and strengthening marital bonds.
Just like in men, factors such as stress, strong emotional experiences, and physical fatigue affect the ability to enjoy sex. To recover from their impact, it is enough to rest, relax to pleasant music. The sound at the same time should not be loud, quiet music can excite better. A relaxing massage also has a good effect.
More serious attention will require the causes of libido disorders associated with physical abnormalities in the body:
- Hormonal changes leading to a decrease in the blood level of the female hormone - estrogen;
- Thyroid diseases resulting in a decrease or excessive increase in hormone production;
- Diseases of the urogenital region that cause discomfort during sexual intercourse, for example, cystitis, thrush, various inflammations;
- Obesity leads to reduced physical activity, pelvic congestion and decreased vaginal sensitivity and lack of sexual satisfaction;
- The use of drugs that affect the hormonal background of the body (sedatives, contraceptives, antihypertensives);
In order to regain a healthy libido and the possibility of having an orgasm, the woman and the partner concerned must meet the following conditions:
- Get a good night's sleep (at least eight hours);
- During intimacy, it is necessary to organize the absence of extraneous noise, loud and high-pitched sounds. The atmosphere should be relaxing;
- The presence of a balanced diet with the inclusion of seafood, nuts and seeds, chocolate, figs, bananas, ginger tea in the menu. It is desirable to add seasonings to foods that increase sexual desire (turmeric, cardamom, pepper, cinnamon);
- Rejection of bad habits;
- Learn how to get out of stressful situations quickly, preventing depression and psychosomatic disorders.
Important! Physical exercises in the framework of yoga, swimming, fitness contribute to good blood circulation, blood flow to the genitals and to achieve a high quality of sexual life.